[Sunhelp] dual cpu configuration

Chuck Bernard chuck at lvision.com
Wed Jul 12 17:50:37 CDT 2000

Hello all,

How can I get Solaris to boot in multi-processor mode on my Sparc 20?
(Solaris 2.7 11/99)

I picked up a couple of 50Mhz mbus CPUs which don't have a cache. (501-2708)

According to the information which I have, I can:

    "Compatible with Sparc 10, Sparc 20 and clones. Can be used in dual CPU
configuration."

I plug both of them into my Sparc 20 and when it boots it says that it sees both

CPUs.

cpu0 TI TMS 390Z50 ver 0
cpu2 TI TMS 390Z50 ver 0

However, the next message that comes out suggests that it can only run in UP
(Uni-processor?) mode because the cpu's don't have a cache?

"MP not supported on downrev SuperSPARC without SuperCache booting UP only"

What version of Solaris supported dual processors of this configuration?  Is it
possible to configure 2.7 to allow it?

Thanks,

//Chuck