[Sunhelp] Modems/Solaris/SMS

Gerald McQuaid gerald.mcquaid at eei.ericsson.se
Wed Jul 12 08:41:00 CDT 2000

Guys,

I am "trying" to setup a system that will allow me to send small text
files to mobile phones (GSM) via SMS. Thats step 22 in a process where I
am still trying to get the modem to talk to my Enterprise 3500. Its a
3Com 56k Voice/FaxModem (not a winmodem, although they did tell me to go
to control panel to configure it........) and we have performed all the
steps from Celestes serial port resources. It has worked before on
another box and the modem (and cable) works fine on other systems. When
I try to update anything to do with ports on admintool, I get the
message "modify serial port failed" even if I don't make any changes.
Also, there are no TR lights on the modem, only CS which makes me think
its something to do with the ports setup. If anyone has any ideas,
please let me know...!

Regards, Gerry McQuaid.