[Sunhelp] MOving Disks on E4500

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 07:42:33 CDT 2000

I take it you will need to add controlers to another expansion card?
otherwise if the controllers are already there you can just move the SCSI
cable to the other controller (provided of course that the disk on the
controller have been disabled ).

If you are looking ot add components to a running system. First you will
need to make sure the following are enabled in you /etc/system:

set soc:soc_enable_detach_suspend=1
set pln:pln_enable_detach_suspend=1
set dr_max_mem=2

These will allow you to power down expanision boards and remove them while
the system is still up and running.

Then you will need to look at the cfgadm man page to set-up the devices for
dynamic reconfiguration. I would also suggest stopping by docs.sun.com and
sunsolve.sun.com and doing a search on dynamic reconfiguration.

Before any board can be "offlined" all activity on that board needs to stop
i.e down disks and interfaces connected to that board.

Hope this helps.