[Sunhelp] Xconsole help

Chuck Bernard chuck at lvision.com
Wed Jul 5 12:44:40 CDT 2000

--------------C24BCCD75469C7D8804F1162

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 12:28:53PM -0400, Chris Ihlenfeld wrote:
> > I just changed the frame buffer in my sparc20 froma tgx to a zx. Now I cant
> > get a Xconsole login..only command line.
> > What do I need to do to fix cde/openwin to run on the new frame buffer?
> > Is the card automatically recognized and has drivers for it? I did a
> > reconfigure boot already.
> > TIA
> > Chris
>
> You need to install the SUNWleo packages - that is, if you're running
> Solaris 2.6 or earlier.  The LEO (zx) framebuffer isnt supported after
> 2.6.
>
> Bill

I've been using the 2.6 drivers under 2.7 and it seems to be working fine.
At least, I haven't found any problems, yet...

I was hoping that newer drivers would be available but haven't been
able to find any :-(   These cards aren't "that" old.  I wonder why they
aren't directly supported under 2.7?

I found that the framebuffer faq to be helpful when installing my ZX card.

http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/FrameBuffer.html

//Chuck

Bill Bradford wrote:
I've been using the 2.6 drivers under 2.7 and it seems to be working fine.
I wonder why they
card.
<address>
<A HREF="http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/FrameBuffer.html">http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/FrameBuffer.html</A></address>