[Sunhelp] IPv4 tunneling with Solaris 8?

Mike Dent mike at the-dents.org
Sun Jul 2 07:39:48 CDT 2000

I'm pretty new to Solaris so excuse me. At home I have linux running on
a few systems, these are connected back to work via a wireless network
link. My systems at home have
'works' backbone addresses and I use IPv4 in IPv4 tunnels to link them
back to the
backbone at work. At work I use proxy arp on a host to answer arp
requests for my home machines.
I want to connect a Solaris 8 box at home in a similar way. I've had a
look at the
ifconfig man page at could not make much sense of the small section and
example showing IPv4 tunnels.
Can anybody help, perhaps an example config please?

Thanks
Mike

--
Mike Dent, Morecambe, Lancs. UK | <http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/dentm>