[SunHELP] gfx in an ultra5

Bill Bradford sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 28 14:02:55 CST 2000

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 11:09:28AM -0600, Reagen Ward wrote:
> I know this has likely been asked before, but I don't remember and I can't get
> to my archives...
> Is it possible to put creator 3d or the like in an Ultra 5?  If not, what IS
> available as an upgrade to cheezy PGX graphics?  It's a 270, if that matters.
> Reagen

You can get a PGX32 to upgrade from the built-in PGX8; it sucks, but its
at least 24bit.  If you can find an Ultra10 case and then buy the PCI riser
card for it from Sun ($50 or so), you can put a Creator in it.  The U5 has
the *slot* for the Creator, it just wont work with the case.

The U5 and U10 motherboards are identical.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"