[SunHELP] Restricting the user on a FTP session

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 22 02:03:53 CST 2000

                                              Placed At :  BLR

Swamy CNN at SATYAM
12/22/2000 01:33 PM

Hi all,
     I'm trying to set up a ftp user with the minimum permission, so that he can
login his home directory and get all his files only. Since the default
permissions on his directory ".."(double dot) will be normally 755, he can do a
"cd .." and go back upto "/" and read out all my file system. I tried changing
the permissions on "..", which effects permissions on parent directory, and my
parent directory has different combinations of file permissions set under it.
So, how do i restrict this ftp user with out affecting my file system.

swamy.