[SunHELP] anonymous ftp account

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 20 12:21:57 CST 2000

> proftpd is supposed to be more secure.  If ncftpd is anything like the
> client program, ncftp, it will probably be great.

i setup and used ncftpd at my last job.  it is by far the best ftp daemon i
have ever run.  it is fast.  it is secure.  it supports non-system accounts,
so you can very easily setup 1000 ftp accounts without ever adding those
users to your system /etc/passwd.

it comes with a quickly hacked together CGI front end for managment that while
isn't exactly user friendly for the non-computer geek, it is very easy to
hack it up to make it friendly.  having trouble?  email the author and you
will get immediate email back with a solution.

it's not free, and it's worth every penny.

sorry to rant like that, but ncftpd is software done right, and that is becoming
increasingly rare these days, so i like to promote it.

-brian