[SunHELP] UPA Slot vs. SBUS Slot, how do I tell?!?

Gereon Stein sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 19 02:29:05 CST 2000

Hello @ll,

I recently acquired a used Enterprise 1 (170MHz model), and though docs on docs.sun.com
imply this might be identical in layout to the Ultra 1 Creator Series, I am confused:

I now have the chance of buying a Creator 3D board for my machine, but where the
UPA Slot is supposed to be, I currently operate a SunSwift HME SBUS card.

How to I tell a UPA Slot from an SBUS Slot? Do they actually look identical
and behave depending on the card installed? Or do I have some rare model that's
'called' Enterprise 1 but in fact is a Ultra 1 with only 3 SBUS Slots?!?

Will I be able to operate a 501-4126 horizontal Creator3D card in this machine?
(I currently have a TGX at SBUS0, that's why :-)

I was unable to get sample photos, so any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Jerry

--
Gereon 'Jerry' Stein