[SunHELP] FreeBSD PORTS collection for Solaris

Scanlan, Brian (5188) sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 14 03:04:31 CST 2000

Hi there,

Sun suing people for what, exactly?

For those out there who don't want to wait for a ports
collection to get underway (BTW, there's already been
a failed attempt to get the debian package management system
called "apt" to Solaris - http://snowcrash.tdyc.com/debsol.php3
I don't think anything's been done with it for a while), the best
offering out there is Phil Brown's pkg-get - It automates the installation
of packages from ftp servers. Works fine, I got it to work with
pkg-reloc to install stuff where I wanted too.

http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/pkg-get.html

Brian.