[SunHELP] missing device

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 13 14:27:47 CST 2000

 Simply checking for the correct slice isn't enough. You have to verify that the
controller and target designations
have not changed. Also, you need to verify the /devices entries as well as the /dev
aliases. More than likely
your problem is a simple matter of the /etc/vfstab entry pointing to the wrong controller
or target, but depending
on just what has happened and changed you may need to run devfsadm or even rebuild your
path_to_inst file.

 -david