[SunHELP] missing device

Alan Rubin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 12 22:46:38 CST 2000

We have restored filesystems from tape to a new server of same
architecture (M) as where the data comes from.  The disk appears clean,
the ufsrestore seems to work fine, and no problems with installing the
boot block occur.  When I try to boot this new system it says that
/dev/dsk/c0t3d0s4 (/usr) does not exist and falls down miserably.  I have
checked that dev files and entries in /devices exist for this partition on
the root disk, but that doesn't seem to matter.  This is Solaris 2.6.  Any
suggestions?

alan

*Alan Rubin*
Sun/Unix/Networking/ISP/Web Writing