[SunHELP] (no subject)

Gary Ren sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 12 18:35:24 CST 2000

Hello, Friends,

I wander if I can received a your great help on the Solaris 8 workstation?

I made a big trouble today.

I change sh to csh in /etc/passwd, but I forgot to change the path from
/sbin/sh to /bin/csh. After I logout, I never got a chance to login as root
by anyway. It shows that can't find shell and reject me. I know if I boot
from CD and mount / to any other directory could chance this file. But the
problem is how I can shutdown the machine by command. I don't want to plug
power off.

Do you know any solution to shutdown the workstation by command? Any
suggestion is very appreciated.

Thanks very much for your suggestion

with my best regards,

Gary