[SunHELP] extra memory

Kyle Freestone sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 12 15:03:35 CST 2000

I just swapped a 32MB Dimm out of an HP plotter (HP 1055CM)
Does anybody know if this is usable in any Sun workstations???

the Dimm is ... 32MB, EDO, 50ns, 168pin

from reading at MemoryX on 168pin Dimms it sounds like *some* are
compatible with older Sun workstations.
We have a couple Sparc20's, Ultra1's, Ultra2's, and old Sun Xterms
as well as a few other newer pieces of Sun equipment.

the label has a stylized "M" with a ?part #? "MT4LDT464AG - 5 X"
next line has ..."US    S01CNK9    200025N"
following line... "32MB, EDO, 50ns"

I'm not at all knowledgeable of RAM (or workstations, or ...)
well, you get the idea

Is this memory module going to be of ANY use outside of an
HP plotter???

Thanks for any help!
Kyle

ps - added HP specs are... 64 EDO, 3.3 V module