[SunHELP] 26-pin to 25-pin AUI adapter for SPARC 20

Michael Doyle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 9 15:58:12 CST 2000

To all,

I am looking for a source for an adapter that will allow a 10Base-2
transceiver (25-pin) connect to the AUI port on a SPARC 20, which for
some reason is 26-pin (as is the parallel port above it), at least
according to the Service Manual diagram I'm looking at from
docs.sun.com (I do not have the machine as yet).  twmaster.com
advertises one from Sun (p/n 530-2021) but is out of stock.  I've
e-mailed bodoman.com but haven't heard back as yet.  None of the
companies listed as HW sources on the sunhelp.org website listed this
item. I couldn't find it at store.sun.com, so I thought I'd see if
anyone else had any suggestions as to who might have this.  Also, is it
possible to do a search by part number at store.sun.com (I couldn't
find any way)?

Anybody know why 26-pin D's were used on these boxes?  Was 10B-5
originally 26-pin or something of that nature (all the 10Base-2 stuff
I've ever seen in my short life have been 25-pin)?  Sun just get a
great deal on a bunch of them? ;-)

Guess I could go the route of 10Base-T, but I'd still need to get
transceivers for my IPC & SPARCbook I, or find a hub (cheap, of course!
I got the 10Base-2 stuff for free) with a BNC connector...

Michael
E-Mail: Michael Doyle <gmike at cstone.net>
Date: 12/09/00
Time: 15:58:12