[SunHELP] RAM in a Ultra5

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 15:11:51 CST 2000

I am working on some mathematical computations
for my thesis on my Ultra 5, and wanted to up the
ram in it. As a grad student I have (practically)
negative funds, so I am wondering two things:

Is there a place to order ram for this machine
that is not too expensiv??

Secondly, I can get ECC 168pinn RAM for cheap,
but I am not sure if the Ultra5 will mind if
it is not EDO. I am also assuming that if I
stick some non 50ns ram in there that the
U5 will just slow down to the slowest pair...

Thanks.

=====
Bob
baddlci at yahoo.com