[SunHELP] Tar error

Tope Songonuga sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 7 03:54:40 CST 2000

Hi guys

Does anyone know what this error message means?

             /usr/local/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

The tar job is meant to archive about 16 files, but it hits the above error
on the 2nd file, and carries on tarring, and I can read them all back from
the tape, but when I try to extract the files from the archive, I get the
following error:

             'filename'  Not found in archive

This suggests that none of the files were actually archived.

Any ideas on what I need to do wil be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tope