[SunHELP] NFS mounting problems -Summary

Dan Angolano sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 15:01:16 CST 2000

Well, after receiving zero answers from the list I decided to do it the old
fashioned way...I did more research. :^)

Here is what I found:

When you try to NFS mount over a series of wans, hubs, switches and routers
there is a chance of packet fragmentation.  Cisco router actually rejects
packets that are over a certain size (not sure what the standard packet size
was), so I had to specify a smaller read and write size during the mounting
of the NFS device.

#mount -F nfs -o rsize=1024 -o wsize=1024 server:/cdrom/cdrom0 /mnt

This gave me one RPC timeout and then worked.  The complete NFS doc / faq on
sunsolve is located at the URL below in case anyone needs it in the future.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?type=0&doc=infodoc%2F11987&d
isplay=plain

Dan