[SunHELP] Disk Mirroring Question

Ann Waters sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 4 14:21:24 CST 2000

Hi Listers!

The talking heads on this project I'm involved in have decided that we need to mirror our Oracle database, even though we have two E3000s each running replication.  My question to all you listers out there is:

Is it possible to mirror Solaris filesystems without having to buy special software or hardware (in other words, can I do it for free, somehow)?  I was hoping to be able to toss four more drives into empty internal slots in each of the E3000s and then go from there.  I realize that this solution will mean that the disks are still on the same bus, but I've been told that there is no money for this effort.  It's one of those, "Make it happen but don't cost us a cent." type of deals.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ann Waters
Kaiser Permanente
Silver Spring, MD