[SunHELP] Getting an L280 to play nice

Lynn L. Ragan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 2 00:01:19 CST 2000

Hello,

I've run into this problem before, but for the life of me can not
remember the resolve for it. Documentation is scant too.

A Sun 220R with pci diff scsi port connected to a Sun L280. (That's a
rackmounted DLT7000 with a robotic arm). The OS is Solaris 7 with the
latest recommended patches.  probe-scsi-all tells me that both the
DLT7000 and the removable media (the robotic arm part) are both
communicating on the scsi channel.

After doing a boot -r and then  installing Legato, though, jb_config
doesn't find the device at all. So, Networker isn't happy.

The question is how do I determine the a) the proper device name and b)
get the Legato utility to recognize it?

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks for your time.