[Sunhelp] OT: SCSI Question

Scott Walker scott.walker at bellactimedia.com
Fri Aug 25 08:24:12 CDT 2000

I know that, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of a
converter... to make them work together

Steven Stillaway <steve at stillaway.net> on 24/08/2000 10:43:04 PM

Please respond to Steven Stillaway <steve at stillaway.net>

To:   Scott Walker <scott.walker at bellactimedia.com>
cc:    (bcc: Scott Walker/MTL/BAM/ActiMedia)

Subject:  Re: [Sunhelp] OT: SCSI Question

> 1 is a 68pin Ultra-Wide Drive, and the other is a 68pin
> ultra-Wide-Differential drive. Is there a way I can convert one to the
> other?

If the Differential is HVD (High Voltage Differential) the two drives
cannot work together.  If it is LVD (Low) then just connect it to the UW
with a regular cable and it will automatically detect the non-LVD drive and
run in regular UW mode.

Steven Stillaway (steve at stillaway.net)
a.k.a. steve at tuxconsulting.com

.