[Sunhelp] RE: Solstice Backup DBU 5.1.1 and Solaris 8

Karl Rossing karl.rossing at federated.ca
Thu Aug 24 09:01:29 CDT 2000

--------------E6C0A0A56944585448377231

I'm still waiting on my sunsolve id from sun. From what i hear, there is
a patch available for solaris 8. There was a Yellow piece of paper that
stated that when we received our solstice package. The piece of paper
explained that the patch is only available to those customers that have
the software on maintenance.

Because our maintenance has not kicked in yet, we have not gotten the
patch.

I hope that this is the case since we have an L400 and all our servers
are running Solaris 8.

Karl

Lara Vernon wrote:

> We recently had local representatives from SUN upgrade our two E3000 servers
> to Solaris 8 and were told by them that there is, as yet, NO version of
> Solstice Backup that is compatable with Solaris 8.  We've had to revert to
> ufsdumps!!!!!
>
> Lara
>
> Lara Vernon
> bmis at eng.murdoch.edu.au
--------------E6C0A0A56944585448377231

begin:vcard
n:Rossing;Karl
tel;work:204-786-6431 Ext 358
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.federated.ca
org:Federated Insurance Companies of Canada
adr:;;717 Portage Ave;Winnipeg;Mb;R3C 3C9;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:karl.rossing at federated.ca
title:Technical Services
fn:Karl Rossing