SUMMARY: [Sunhelp] SunPCi board and audio

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 21 22:05:05 CDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 05:01:05PM -0700, patl at phoenix.volant.org wrote:
> Hmm.  I wonder if this could be causing the problems I'm seeing
> with the USB speakers.  (Which would be a bit irritating - I had
> hoped that W98 was the last version of Windows I'd ever have to
> pay for.)  Could you send some more details for those of us who
> do not have access to the SunSolve bug list?

Bug ID: 4313241
Synopsis: audio file playback is at half speed
Date: 24 April 2000
Category: sunpci-win98
Subcategory: intel_software
State: closed

 Windows 98 only, playback of wav, mp3, & some cdaudio files is garbled and
 sounds as though a 45RPM record is being played at 33RPM or less. The file most
 impacted is the welcome.wav (attached) that gets played as soon as 98 is
 installed.
 Easily reproduced on both 300 & 400 MHz sunpci cards running v1.2 of the
 SUNWspci on solaris 2.7. Windows is Win 98 second edition retail. drivers are
 from SUNWspci/drivers/win98.
 TEST:
 install sunpci & win98, install sunpci drivers. connect speakers to the audio
 port marked O-> Go to start, find, files, search for *.wav & start clicking
 them... The MS sound will work as will most of the default noises. but
 c:\windows\applications\welcome.wav sounds very poor.

  Work Around (none)
  Integrated in Releases (none)
  Duplicate of (none)
  Patch ID (none)