[Sunhelp] Ultra10 with SCSI and Solaris

Adam Mazza adam at 68e.com
Fri Aug 18 19:06:35 CDT 2000

Hi,

	I put a Tekram DC-390F card in my Ultra 10. This card has a
Symbios 53C875 chipset. I attached a Western Digital WDE18300 hardrive to
it. The HD is a LVD Ultra2 drive. I can boot the system, drop to the ok
prompt and do a probe-scsi-all, and the system sees the drive.

	I tried doing a boot cdrom -s from the sol8 cdrom and once at a
prompt, format does not see any disks. prtdiag shows the symbios card, and
a modinfo shows the glm driver loaded as well as the sd driver for scsi
hard drives. Odd thing is I can boot with a solaris 2.6 5/98 CD and that
can see the drive.

	Did Sun change something in 8, and if they did is it affecting the
drive or the controller. Anyone have any ideas?

	thanks for your time.

Adam Mazza