[Sunhelp] SunPCi board and audio

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 17 09:31:20 CDT 2000

Anybody else have one of the SunPCi boards (K6-2/400) and using it
play MP3s?  Whenever I try to play a MP3 either with WinAmp or Windows
Media Player, it seems like the CPU goes into "half speed" mode - with
the MP3s playing at 1/2 to 2/3rds normal speed (slowed down).

As for .WAV files (Windows sounds) theyre fine, IF I play them before I
try the mp3 player.  If I play back .wav files AFTER I try the mp3
player, the WAV files are slowed down as well.

Everything else works fine (USB, parallel, etc).  I'm "sharing" the
workstation's monitor right now.

Bill (not real happy at all right now about this)

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |