[Sunhelp] no .chsrc..login files in user home

Habib M. stmp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 17:55:09 CDT 2000

Hi all,
This one might sound funny or something to you but so far after reading two
books on the section,etc I have not
been able to figure this out.
1)I installed ssol 2.6 and afterall I was able to make a decent system for
our image prcessing applications. Well i pulled
this box out of a closet and noone believed I could make a decent system but
i am getting there with my very somehow
limied knowledge.
2)My root in the passwd file is set at /sbin/sh. Root in the other ssol 2.6
system is set at /bin/ksh.
3)I transferred the .profile file from another ssol2.6 and that solved the
PATH problem for the root, now i can
do "which ..." and it is ok.
4)Now when i create a new user, i see that the home directory of the user
(/bin/csh in passwd file) does not have the
files .....cshrc and .login in its home dir. I can not run "which" command.
I get the error "not found in /usr/bin".
But is works fine in the other ssol 2.6. I can create new users and
everything works fine.
5) I am not sure if i have to copy something from the /etc/skel to the root
direcotry?????.

Could someone help on this?. I emailed one or two people on this but it may
be late before they respond. I really
really appreciate your helpfulnesses. Great place to learn Great things.
HM