[Sunhelp] root login problem

blake r matheny blake.r.matheny at mail.sprint.com
Fri Aug 11 12:18:08 CDT 2000

--openmail-part-26312323-00000001

You edited /etc/passwd? I use vipw to make changes to the passwd file
(regarding root anyhow). You should never edit /etc/passwd or
/etc/shadow by hand. Add ksh to /etc/shells, also add csh, sh, and any
other shells you might want to use. If you can't do this (i.e. you
can't get root) I would reboot into single user mode, which I belive
defaults to /bin/sh.
-Blake