[Sunhelp] can not change permission level

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Aug 9 21:44:40 CDT 2000

One other problem I've found is that if the permissions of the DIRECTORY
on which you mount (i.e. /home ) WITHOUT the file system mounted, are
RESTRICTED (i.e.  not 777) it can effect the file system mounted on
it, esp if you're using NFS.  I've not played with it with locally
mounted file systems, but have encountered it in an NFS arrangement.

Earl