[Sunhelp] Re: Solaris 8 on Sparc 10

Nicholas Dronen ndronen at frii.com
Tue Aug 8 00:04:21 CDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 12:00:33AM -0400, Willem Ave wrote:
> Ok i have one more idea, I once had a problem similiar to this one on a SS10.
> The fix to the problem was that there was no ram in the first slot of the first bank of ram, I know you said  you had ample ram and this would probably mean that you have ram in the first slow of the first bank, but give it a try.
>
> hope it helps.

Good advice as well, but in this case all 8 slots are populated.
It has 160MB RAM.

I've tried it with the Ross module I got from a friend as well
as the Sparc module (w/cache) that came with the box he gave me
(from which I cannibalized much of the RAM), so the last thing
to try is the apparantly cacheless original cpu.

Regards,

Nick Dronen