[Sunhelp] Re: new tape library

Greg Kranz greg.kranz at tycoelectronics.com
Wed Aug 2 07:17:47 CDT 2000

You will also need to do some work on the /kernel/drv/st.conf file, depending on
which tape drives are installed in the Spectra Logic 10000.  Assuming you have
the SONY AIT drives, you will have to add two lines that are close to the
following:

	        "SONY    SDX-300C",     "SONY AIT",   "SONY_AIT";

	        SONY_AIT       =   1,0x34,0,0x3d639,4,0x13,0x8c,0x8c,0x8c,3;

The ";" at the end of the first line, ends the tape drive description section of
this file.  If you have more than one line uncommented in this section then only
the last line ends in a ";".  The others end in a ","

The details are outlined on the Spectralogic web site, in the 10000
documentation.