[Sunhelp] Solaris SysAdmin Quiz

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzy.com
Tue Aug 1 11:51:41 CDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 09:59:55PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:

| Be forewarned that there are a few misleading questions in the set.  An
| example:
|
| > Which kill signal stops a process unconditionally?
|
| The obvious answer is SIGSTOP, code 23.  The listed "answer" is SIGKILL.
| There is a definite difference between stopping a process and terminating
| it.

Personally, I prefer the term `suspending'.  To me, to stop means to
terminate - either way, it's just a matter of semantics.  It's a good
thing this quiz doesn't count for anything :)

My least favorite question was -

   2. Which of the following could not be used to manipulate a text file?
              sed vi grep awk

Of course they can all be used to manipulate a text file.  Duh!
(but they seem to think the correct answer is `grep'.)

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzy.com
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?