[Sunhelp] Solaris SysAdmin Quiz

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Tue Aug 1 00:59:05 CDT 2000

One of my fav questions is "Do you use admintool?"  A positve answer results in
a negative mark.

I have a basic set of questions I select from, depending on the level of the
person and the position we need to fill.

I update it on occasion; it's at http://zilla.nu/Projects/AdminTest.

Please note that I use it to judge the depth of a person's experience, and to
see how they answer questions.  The best answer is always, "Hmmn.  I don't know
that, but I'm curious to find out.  What's the answer?"

I gave up on using the test in phone screens; too many folks who list DNS Admin
on their resume can't tell me which major version of BIND they run (4 or 8, not
that hard).

Reagen