[Sunhelp] samba

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Fri Apr 28 08:46:13 CDT 2000

Solaris by default does not allow root logins from remote systems.  Try login
on with another valid user.
John

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, you supposedly said:

> Can anybody help me on samba
> I am able to see the machine on other windows machines but when i try to login he says this user is not authorized to login from this station
> i am trying user root
> Suresh
> Send and receive mails in Indian languages.
> Register free with http://www.mailjol.com

John Kennedy
UNIX System Administrator
Orent Graphic Arts

To decode go to http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/

Your anti-Microsoft signatures for Friday are...

Q: What is the difference between Jurassic Park and Microsoft?
A: One is an over-rated high tech theme park based on prehistoric
information and populated mostly by dinosaurs, the other is a Steven
Spielberg movie.

In a world without fences, who needs GATES????