[Sunhelp] Netscape 4.7 won't lookup DNS

Xavier Mertens xavier at euro.net
Thu Apr 27 00:58:45 CDT 2000

David,

I had exactly the same problem after upgrading to Solaris 8!
The problem was the nscd! Be sure that nscd is running and caches the
hostname lookups!

Xavier Mertens,         .  .   EuroNet Internet  "Contrary to popular belief,
NOC Manager          .      *  a subsidiary of    Unix is userfriendly. It
XM3-RIPE XM1-6BONE  .          France Telecom     just happens to be selective
                                                  about who it makes friends
                                                  with."