[Sunhelp] RE: dtlogin err

Hoggarth, Jamie jhoggarth at stscomputer.com
Mon Apr 24 11:30:23 CDT 2000

Kursad, I hope this helps you out, this is courtesy of the On-Line
Detective for Sun.    -Jamie
ld.so.1: variable: fatal: variable: can't open file: errno=2
This message indicates while running the program shared object after the
first colon, that the run-time linker, ld.so.1, couldn't find the shared
object specified after the third colon.  (Sometimes a shared object is
called a dynamically linked library.)  Error number 2 translates to "No
such file or directory" (ENOENT).
As a work around, set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include the location of the shared object.
Example:  /usr/st/lib:/usr/openwin/lib
If the source code is accessible, recompile the program using the -Rpath
loader option.  Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not recommended because it
slows down performance.