[Sunhelp] how do I determine memory configuration

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Mon Apr 24 09:24:08 CDT 2000

One of 2 ways
First - dmesg -v | grep mem
Second - /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/prtdiag -v | more
John

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Eddie Watkins lied to us about:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me of a o/s command that will show me what the memory
> configuration is.
>
> e.g.  I have an E3000 with 768MB of RAM, how do I find out how that is made
> up, i.e. 3x256mb or (2x256mb and 2x128mb) without opening up the server.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eddie Watkins

John Kennedy
UNIX System Administrator
Orent Graphic Arts

To decode go to http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you
know," PLEASE pretend you don't know me.

Your anti-Microsoft signatures for Monday are...

I sense much NT in you.  NT leads to bluescreen, bluescreen leads to
downtime, downtime leads to suffering.  NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful UNIX is
 - Jedi SysAdmin

Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect. Reboot now?