[Sunhelp] ethernet question

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sat Apr 22 19:08:33 CDT 2000

If you're running Linux, the feature that you're looking for is called "ip
aliasing", and allows you to assign multiple IPs to a single physical
interface.  They are implemented as multiple "virtual" interfaces.  I'm sure
Solaris has something similar, but I don't know what it's called.  If you
want more info on the Linux stuff, ask, I'm sure somebody will chime in with
the Solaris info.
	Greg