[Sunhelp] Performance increase w/scsi ?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Apr 21 00:13:19 CDT 2000

I'm thinking of switching my Ultra 10 (which currently has the old 4500rpm
4.5gig IDE HD and 24x IDE CD-ROM drive in it) so that its SCSI-based (12x
Plextor CD-ROM drive, Seagate Barracuda 5400rpm 4gig HD).  Anybody know what
kind of speedup improvements I'll see?

Even tho this U10 has 300mhz/512k, this HD *definitely* slows it down - it
seems slower than my U5/270mhz that had a 8.4gig Seagate HD in it (5400rpm
I beleive).  Can definitely tell the difference.

Bill (still looking for a 24bit card..)

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |