[Sunhelp] Do SM100 cards work in a Sparc10?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Apr 20 17:58:24 CDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, John F. Davis wrote:

>  Hello
>
>  Do SM100 cards work in a Sparc10?  I think these cards were made for non
>  sparc10 computers - system 4/690 maybe.

They work but you don't want to use them.  You _really_ don't want to use
them.

The early ones were only designed to run in AMP mode, and only a single
CPU will be supported in Solaris.  Later ones will let you run SMP, but
support stops at Solaris 2.5.1.  All of them are extremely slow even when
compared with "practically free" SM30's and SM40's.

-James