[Sunhelp] Hard Drive Duplicator

dhansen at zebra.net dhansen at zebra.net
Wed Apr 19 14:10:04 CDT 2000

> aside from those disksuite products, which i have never used ,
> dd and installboot really duplicates your hard disk.. including bad sectors :)
> -Ana

  The bad sector map would depend on the hardware in question
and this is not a problem with most drives (as this information is hidden
from the software (OS)).
 As for disksuite, I could be wrong but wouldn't the only thing closest
in that package be the mirroring utility (which would be too much
overhead for doing a typical disk cloning job)?

 I suppose what should have been asked of the original poster was for more
information on what he is wanting since one tool is rarely best for all jobs.

david