[Sunhelp] Replacing ethernet card.

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 06:38:23 CDT 2000

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 05:00:43 -0400, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:

>You really only need lines 1-5 to play with.  Every time you can reboot and
>try to get the box up to 100 full by changing the 0's to 1's and the 1's to
>zero's.  I am not even sure if the other lines (6-13) increase speed or not.
>I'm trying to figure out what you gained by putting a 10 card in it in the
>first place if your not using it for another interface?  If it is then
>you'll need a hme0 and a hme1.

While on the topic of adding network devices, is anyone familiar with adding
a FDDI card?  I'd like to have 2 nodes, one on each of my SS2's, mainly for high speed
file transfer, and possibly expanding to more nodes later.

Is there a good place to obtain them in the cheap?  I know cables can be pricey, though.

Paul