[Sunhelp] Replacing ethernet card.

Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) robert.fuerst at sylvania.com
Wed Apr 19 04:00:43 CDT 2000

Sounds that easy but I would have a /etc/system file with the following
already in place:

* NDD params for 100baseT/Full Duplex
       set hme0:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=0
       set hme0:hme_adv_10hdx_cap=1
       set hme0:hme_adv_10fdx_cap=0
       set hme0:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0
       set hme0:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0
       set hme0:tcp_xmit_hiwat=65535
       set hme0:tcp_recv_hiwat=65535
       set hme0:tcp_cwnd_hiwat=65534
       set hme0:nautopush=32
       set hme0:maxusers=40
       set hme0:max_nprocs=2048
       set hme0:maxuprc=100
       set hme0:ncsize=10240

You really only need lines 1-5 to play with.  Every time you can reboot and
try to get the box up to 100 full by changing the 0's to 1's and the 1's to
zero's.  I am not even sure if the other lines (6-13) increase speed or not.
I'm trying to figure out what you gained by putting a 10 card in it in the
first place if your not using it for another interface?  If it is then
you'll need a hme0 and a hme1.

1st