[Sunhelp] removing socks libs

beemern at telecom.ksu.edu beemern at telecom.ksu.edu
Mon Apr 17 11:16:17 CDT 2000

I'm new to an installation which is already setup to use socks libraries
for networking.

we have a mixture of ultra1's, ultra10's, and SparcStation 5's running
in a distributed environment (NFS)

now that we have a hardware router/firewall (its a cisco (which replaced
our old software socks firewall)), we are needing to replace the socks
libraries with standard ones.  (we are hoping this will greatly improve
our network speed, both internal and external)

anyone have any experience with this than can point us (me) in the right
direction and converting back to the standard/original/non-socks
networking libraries???

TIA!!

-nathan
KSU Telecommunications