[Sunhelp] Installing Solaris

Nabeel Ahmed nahmed at infoboard.com
Thu Apr 6 11:12:32 CDT 2000

Hi All,
I am new to the Sun environment, was used to HP earlier.
Have a few questions :
a) How does it exactly start up, I mean the startup sequence, is there any
good doc avbl on that?
b) I put in a CD to install disk suite, and then without installing ejected
the CD, now when I try to reinsert the CD, it tells me that the
disksuite_4_1 is a directory but it is empty.
I mean even after I remove the CD, the same situation persists.
Is there any way, I can remove that entry from the /cdrom?
And how do I then go about installing disk suite?
c) What commands are avble to check on the hardware status? Is there
something equivalent to ioscan?
Thanks in Advance.
Nabeel