[Sunhelp] rdist

Ben Dougherty benjamind at miles33.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 04:59:09 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I am trying to keep an identical copy of a directory structure from one
sun box
to another via a bridge (two cisco's).
I am using rdist to install, remove files within the directory
structure, my
problem is that the rdist completion cycle is around 30 minutes, which
is too
long.
I initally thought the bottle neck would be with the bridge but
increasing the
connection from 1meg to 2meg then to 4meg made no difference in the
clock cycle.
When I decreased the bridge link below 1meg the clock cycle slowed.

It seems the bottle neck lies with rdist itself or the Suns processor,
when the
bridge link is greater than 1meg.

Could anyone help to shed some light on this or point me in the
direction of a
better soloution.

Thanks,
Ben.