[Sunhelp] Solaris7 (Sparc) and the HP JetAdmin software

Brian Pavane bpavane at liii.com
Fri Sep 17 22:16:22 CDT 1999

I've got the following setup, a Sparc running Solaris7 and a NEC
SuperScript 860 (read: HP IIP compatible) attached to an HP JetDirect 170.
This is a simple ethernet print server.  I have also installed the
JetAdmin software on all of my windows boxes so I can print from them.
Before I take the plunge and attempt to setup this software under Solaris7
(they seem to only support it through Solaris 2.5.1) are there any horror
or success stories that people would like to share?  My ultimate goal is
to be able to print from StarOffice on my Sparc, thus putting my windows
box to rest.

Thanks.

-Brian Pavane