[Sunhelp] Surplusing Sun equipment... *act fast*

David Fickes dfickes at advice.com
Wed Sep 15 11:08:03 CDT 1999

 Okay, I've got a bunch of older SS1 level Sun and related stuff
 that is going to leave this office by 2-3 pm tomorrow with someone
 who is going to pay very minimal $ and take it away.

 I thought I'd let you folks have first dibs. And so here is a brief
 list of materials:

  = Multiple 5 1/4 disk drives 1.6 and 700 MB. All are Seagates.
     Specifically: 3 660 MB raw drives
                   1 1.2 GB raw drive
                   1 pair of 1.2 GB drives mounted in a dual
                      enclosure (side by side).

  = Multiple enclosures of various flavors for aboves disks.

  = 2 Sun 386i expansion boxes. One has a drive (two?) and the
      other is empty.

  = 2 Sun-3 expansion shoeboxes. One has a tape drive and the other
      is just a chassis.

  = 1 Sbus expansion box

  = 3 PC cases.
      1 is a great Compaq case (actually it includes
      the 486 board that can accept an Overdrive.)
      1 is a desktop with power supply.
      1 is a mini-tower with power supply.

  = One of those printer/sound enclosure boxes from way back.
     Heavy but good.

  = Cables (we always have too many cables).

 The above are considered not worth an Ebay job. The following are
 stuff that will probably be sold off to highest bidder or first
 person to make an offer:

  = Laserwriter II - we have two in "need a little work" condition
     and actually have two NTX and one NT controller that work.

  = 1 Sun ELC - can probably dig up memory and a keyboard if we are
      motivated.

  = 1 Helium/Neon laser low hours (kinda cool).

  = Three different large Mac monitors - 2 color / 1 grayscale.
     Issac says they are all in great condition.

  = A whole pile of working Mac monitor cards for Nubus including
     a couple of unusual ones with PC and Mac outputs.

 Basic deal is as follows:

  = John Seidel/Rich Morin get dibs.

  = Everything must leave before the end the week. If we ship it/
     you pay shipping costs (UPS ground).

  = You need to inform me what you are interested in as
     soon as possible.

  = No promises other than I think everything runs well and we can
     work out any problems or issues.

Please email with any questions or offers.

 -d

David Fickes                                  david at advicepress.com
ADVICE Press                                    phone: 650/321-2198
480 California Avenue - Suite 104                 fax: 650/321-2199
Palo Alto, CA 94306