[Sunhelp] Re: ? UltraSPARC 300MHz module from 200MHz on Ultra2

Mark C. Langston skritch at home.com
Mon Sep 13 13:15:10 CDT 1999

>> IHAC who has upgraded UltraSPARC 300MHz module from 200MHz on Ultra2.
>> But, he found that it didn't work after changing the CPU module.
>> Is there anything else to do? For example, patch or OS upgrade.
>> He had solaris 2.6 on it.
>>
>> Please, let me know how to do.

1)  Move the jumper J2301 from the default pin 2,3 position to pin 1,2.
2)  See if the U2 boots.  If it still won't boot, you need to install
     the 2.0 PROM flash upgrade from CD or patch (I forget the exact
     Sun patch # that contains this upgrade and binary).
3)  If, after flashing the PROM, verifying that the CPUs are seated
    correctly, verifying that the modules are good, and verifying that
    there's no other potential error, the machine still won't boot,
    you may need to get a newer motherboard.

--
Mark C. Langston	LATEST: ICANN refuses	Let your voice be heard:
mark at bitshift.org  to consider application for       http://www.idno.org