[Sunhelp] Inability to push or pull files off box.

Anthony Barnes tony.barnes at cimlinc.com
Wed Jun 30 08:14:27 CDT 1999

Greetings,

I am unable to push or pull any files off of an RDI notebook running
Solaris 6.  I have what I believe is a solid connection between my network
and the RDI.  I can ping it.  I can telnet to and from it.  I can remote
shell to and from it.  However I can only rcp to it.  I can only ftp to it.
 Any time I try to transmit any files off of the box I am unsuccessful.
 When I try something like rcp filename otherbox:/tmp/filename it will just
sit there and stare back and me.  I can initiate an ftp connection with
another box and 'get' all the files I like but can not 'put' anything
(anything over about 1-2K in size).  I have tried the rcp, ftp, piping tar
through a remote shell all from the box and also from other boxes into the
RDI.  I can't get anything off of the box.

Help?

Anthony Barnes
Application Developer
Cimlinc, Inc. (www.cimlinc.com)