[Sunhelp] ppp connections

dhansen at zebra.net dhansen at zebra.net
Tue Jun 29 13:19:04 CDT 1999

Has anyone had success with initiating a ppp connection with either AT&T's Worldnet service or with ISPs using 3com
Hyper Arcs?
With AT&T it seems to send garbage (ppp initialization?) immediately after getting the login name and isnt requesting the password.
With the 3Coms' I get the following errors repeatedly (note, attempt here with Sol. x86 2.5 and 2.7)...

expect: (CONNECT)
^M^JCONNECTgot it
getto ret 8
expect: (ogin:)
 42666/x2/NONE^M^JEY^M^@i^@^P^[^@R^C^@z^M^JWelcome to 3Com Total Control HiPer ARC (TM)^M^JNetworks That Go The Distance (TM)^M^J^M^Jlogin:got it
sendthem (myloginname^J^M)
expect: (sword:)
 myloginname^M^J^MuD#n*_I[|woW~_=On14y0^^^_:K=8Q\|A<_c^Sptimed out
close caller (8)
delock line (cua/d)
Call Failed: LOGIN FAILED

The amount of randomish characters just before it times out varies. Sometimes it'll be several lines, sometimes it will only be short snippets as above.

david